The countdown for ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 has begun and there are only 30 days left. This world cup will be hosted by England and many fans across the globe have already planned their trip. International tournament such as the World Cup is always special as fans get to visit places that offer more than just sports. The United Kingdom is famous for its scenic beauty and food, and a well-planned tour can offer a memorable experience.
However, one has to carefully consider each and every aspect for a well-planned and successful trip. Apart from the schedule of the tournament, various other aspects such as beautiful places, popular eating joints, accommodations, etc. should not be overlooked.
Air Tickets: Airfares are usually hiked and airlines implement dynamic air fares at the time of big international tournaments such as the Cricket World Cup, and booking air tickets in advance is always a good idea. However, international flights do not usually see fluctuations frequently but the fares slowly go up 90 days prior as the specific destination starts to attract traffic from around the world. Therefore, travellers should book tickets at least 30 to 45 days prior to the date of their journey.
Getting Transport from Airport: Planning for the airport transfer to the hotel in advance is a good tactic to save troubles. Many transport companies offer transfer services from Heathrow Airport to passengers’ choice of hotels and places. These are similar to cabs/taxi services but customers can book taxi online, and choose the size and type of vehicle as per the number of passengers and amount of luggage. Some transfer companies such as Just Airports [https://www.justairports.com] have spent a long time in the industry and they precisely know what customers want from them. Booking a taxi service to or from London City, Gatwick Airport, Southend Airport, and Stansted Airport is easy due to the services provided by Just Airports. Their premium chauffeur services also give preference to special requirements such as baby seats and more. The company has an online booking facility where customers can select their destination along with the number of passengers, amount of luggage including hand luggage.
Hotels:Accommodation management is an important thing and a hotel which is close to the stadiums where matches are held, is always a plus. Fans go through a lot in the course of supporting their favourite teams. They travel to different nations, spent lots of money and face many troubles including language problems, food-related issues, and so on. In such a scenario, nobody wants to travel long distances on the day of the match and not to mention, miss any crucial moment. Therefore, choosing a hotel only on the basis of their tariffs and facilities is not wise. An ideal place for accommodation should be close to the stadium and offer decent amenities as well. Some of the best hotels that are close to popular international cricket stadiums such as Lord’s Cricket Ground, Headingley, Edgbaston and Cardiff include Danubius Hotel Regents Park, Hilton London Metropole, Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre, Lucas House Hotel, Inn Cardiff, Cardiff Central Apartment etc.
Sights to See: Considering the long schedule of the World Cup 2019, fans from overseas will have a lot of time for sightseeing and entertainment. The schedule is 48-days long, starting 30th May 2019 and ending on 14th July 2019. England is a happening place that has everything for everyone. People interested in cricket history can visit MCC Cricket Museum whereas sights such as Stonehenge are also there for mystery-lovers.
Just Airports also provides sightseeing packages. You will get a car of your choice for a full day and your chauffeur will be experienced and will be know all the place you would want to be. Your cab driver will be well versed with route besides he will also have a GPS on board the taxi. You should also book Just Airports for your return journey to Airport.
Sights that are close to the match locations in England include:
- There are more than a dozen tourist attractions in Cardiff alone. Fans can relax a bit by visiting Cardiff Castle, joining a 1-day tour of Cardiff Wye Valley, Cardiff Flight Tour in Private Planes, and Private Tour of TV series Doctor Who Locations.
- On the other hand, Cannon Hill Park, Midlands Art Centre, Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park, The Prince of Wales Moseley, and Martineau Gardens are quite close to Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
- Lord’s Cricket Ground is located in the heart of London City and there is tons of stuff to do there besides cricket. Fans can opt for London Rock Music Tours, visit St. John’s Wood Church Grounds, Mark Jason Gallery, Subway Gallery, Merchant Square, etc.
Stadiums: Talking about the stadiums in England, The Oval, Trent Bridge, Cardiff, Bristol, Southampton, Taunton, Old Trafford, Edgbaston, Headingley, and Chester-Le-Street are the ones that are going to host matches throughout the tournament whereas Lord’s will host the Final. Fans will pour-in to these stadiums all over the tournament and this will keep London and nearby areas crowded for almost two months. All these stadiums have a rich history that includes many memorable wins, losses and records of many cricketing nations.
Particularly speaking about the stadium which is going to host the final of the World Cup 2019, Lord’s has some of the most interesting facts associated with it.
- Lord’s is considered as the ‘home of cricket’ and is owned by world’s biggest cricket brand Marylebone Cricket Club also known as MCC. The copyrights to the laws of cricket are owned by MCC and any changes in the rules of the game can only be made after its permission.
- The stadium is famous for its sloping outfield that favours batsmen.
- World’s oldest sporting museum MCC is also located on the Lord’s stadium that features Ashes and a stuffed bird which was hit by a deadly beamer bowled by Jahangir Khan in 1936.
- Despite being an exclusively cricketing venue, Lord’s houses a complete Tennis court and has hosted a baseball match during World War I.
Teams and Player Line-Ups:ICC has qualified 10 international teams for the Cricket World Cup of 2019. The teams are Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and Windies. A total of 48 One-Day International (ODI) matches are to be played and each team is trying to bring their best player in the 15-man squad. Although no team has declared their final squad, cricket experts around the globe are analyzing potential members along with their captains. The names of the captains of each cricket team are given here.
- Afghanistan: Gulbaadin Naib
- Australia: Aaron Finch
- Bangladesh: Mashrafe Mortaza
- England: Eoin Morgan
- India: Virat Kohli
- New Zealand: Kane Williamson
- Pakistan: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- South Africa: Faf du Plessis
- Sri Lanka: Dimuth Karunarathe
- Windies: Jason Holder
Since England is going to host the World Cup for the record 5th time, all eyes will be on their performance. The team is looking good considering their recent performance in the shorter cricket format viz. ODI and T20. The team is going to include Eoin Morgan, Joe Root and Jason Roy for strength in their batting order whereas Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, and Joe Denly are there to provide versatility to the batting order as batting allrounders. Apart from the specialist bowlers such as Liam Plunkett, Mark Wood and Adil Rashid, bowling all-rounders are Tom Curran and David Wiley. The two wicketkeeper-batsman are Jonny Bairstow and Joss Buttler are also there to maintain stability in the lower-middle order.
Interesting Facts about World Cup 2019: Like all the previous Cricket World Cups, this tournament is going to be special for the fans but there are also other factors that make it special. Some of those facts are given here.
- This is going to be the first world cup in which one test-team will be missing, i.e. Zimbabwe. In addition, West Indies could not qualify for the tournament and they had to fight for their spot in the ICC qualifiers.
- England is going to host the world cup for the record 5th time and the Lord’s also will host a world cup for the 5th time.
- ICC has selected only 10 teams for this world cup due to the long schedule of the tournament.
- The weight of this world cup trophy will be 11kg (24.25 pounds) and its height is 650mm.
The World Cup is going to be the biggest cricketing event of 2019 and both fans and players are excited about it. This is also going to be the first World tournament for many budding players irrespective of their teams and a 48-day long schedule is surely going to keep everyone on their toes.